Can’t remember your Instagram password? You may want to try and recover it, or maybe even reset it.
Not sure how – here’s a step by step guide on how to do it…
Recover your Instagram password via desktop
- Go to the Instagram website to log in to your account: http://www.instagram.com
- Click on “forget password” below the login field
- Enter the username, email or your phone number linked to your Instagram account. And then click on ‘reset password’
- Then you will receive an Instagram email that includes a link to reset your Instagram password. Click on the link in your email
- Enter your new password (a strong one), confirm it and click on “reset password” for the last time
- Now you will log in and be redirected to your Instagram account.
How to change the Instagram password on an Android or iPhone device
• Open Instagram and touch your profile picture in the lower right corner
• Touch the three line icon in the upper right corner, and then choose Privacy and security
• Towards the bottom, touch Password
• Enter your current password, then your new password twice, touch Save when finished
Reset your password via Instagram desktop…
• Visit the official Instagram website: http://www.instagram.com
• Press the login button.
• Click on the button ‘Forgot your login information’
• Provide your username or Instagram email you used to sign up for Instagram
• Then click on the ‘Send’ option
• Check your email and click on the Instagram reset link
• Then enter the new password one more time, re-confirm your password
• Now click on the reset button
• Your Instagram account is now ready for use